Thursday, February 09, 2012

BOSTON

The Seventies get dumped on a lot, but looking back it was the right decade for me to grow up in. Disco was everywhere but I would have none of it. I was a long haired Mexican kid in a Led Zeppelin tour jersey and proud of it. 




I was twelve when Boston released their first album. Like everyone who listened to Hard Rock FM radio, I remember being blown away by their sound. I also remember the agonizingly long wait for the second album ( I was the first among my friends to have a copy, on 8-track no less).  Everyone acknowledges "More than a feeling" and "Long time" as the hits from the Boston album, but I want to toss a shout-out to "Something about you"  a hard rocking song with great guitar work. A song made for  night time driving in the city.





2 comments:

  1. Oh, yes! To this day, I'm still blown away by that clean, bright guitar sound. These guys weren't mere musicians, they were magicians. Great song choice, but then, every damn song on that album is pure gold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, that picture is awesome. You are even rocking the fuzz stache.

    ReplyDelete