Thursday, July 26, 2012

"You must gather your party before venturing forth"

This summer my house has turned into a gaming center. Every computer in the house has some version of Baldur’s Gate or Baldur’s Gate II loaded and my Minions are competing amongst themselves as to who can defeat what monster and who has the best team with the coolest stuff. And I couldn’t be happier. I fell in love with Baldur’s Gate years ago, during many long nights with my newborn Minions. The Baldur’s Gate series has remained one of my all-time favorite computer games, the other being the Close Combat series.
The word on the street is that there will be an updated version of Baldur’s Gate (called the Enhanced Edition) released sometime this summer or fall. It promises many updates including improved resolution, a new player character, new missions and several other tweaks – there is even going to be a version for the IPad.
'You must gather your party before venturing forth"

4 comments:

  1. "Go for the eyes, Boo!"
    *Squee-eek!*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aside from the enhanced edition, there's also an anthology collection with Baldur's Gate I & II, their expansions, Icewind Dale I & II, Planescape: Torment, and Temple of Elemental Evil.

    I have to start playing Baldur's Gate again. I have to retrieve one of my party member's body because she was carrying a sizable chunk of my loot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A few months ago, I chanced on an offer for all of the games in that series for five bucks. My son loves them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some of the absolute best games ever!

    ReplyDelete