Saturday, February 13, 2010

Bittersweet Serenity


Every year I get my DVD collection of Firefly and Serenity and watch the whole saga. Today was that day. And as always it was a bittersweet experience for me. I love everything about this series from the haunting melody of the theme to the "Grrr, Arrgh" at the end. Its safe to say its my favorite TV show of all time. And as much as I enjoy watching it, I also get mad when I think of its too short life. When I think of all the crap that gets renewed season after season- ah there I go again. 


 I suppose all fans feel that way. I'm sure there are "Model Latina" fans out there campaigning for a new season who could care less for Captain Mal and his crew.
I can at least take comfort in the fact that I have the DVD set and the movie to console me (There are fans of the High Chaparral and Thundarr the Barbarian who don't even have that).