Friday, June 10, 2011

DIcey Tales #1


The first issue of Dicey Tales will be coming out this weekend. It will be released as an $8.00  PDF download over at RPGNow. 



Dicey Tales is a periodical that features articles supporting the Barbarians of Lemuria (BoL) roleplaying game. Our goal is to expand the reach of BoL beyond Sword & Sorcery into the full realm of the pulps. Every issue features official expansions of the BoL rules allowing the system to encompass all of the various genres of pulp adventure- Two-fisted adventure, Western, Outer Space, Lost World, and many more.

Issue #1 of Dicey Tales launches our two-part foray into the classic adventure pulps. With this issue of Dicey Tales the world of daredevils, soldiers of fortune, occult investigators and cloaked crime-fighters will now be fully incorporated into the BoL system.

New “Adventure Pulp” Character generation rules
New Careers
New Boons
New Flaws
New rules for Magic, Psychic Powers, Super Science Gadgets, firearms and vehicles
Two complete adventures

All officially approved for use with the Barbarians of Lemuria: Legendary Edition rules.

I've decided not to send out "Review Copies" this time around.  I've tried it before with my various versions of LoS and never really  received much feedback.  A few good folks turned in reviews, but compared to the number of free copies I gave out, the response was just too small. That's not to say no one will be getting a free copy- all the folks who helped out with DT are on the list as well as a few "Friends of the Lair". 


5 comments:

  1. Looks pretty cool. i may have to check this out one of these days. BoL is pretty damn solid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait. I'll buy it the minute it goes online.

    Also can't wait for BASH Fantasy Legends of Steel...any word on that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Can't wait to see it in all its glory - job well done ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elrics: I wish I knew. Go find "The BASHMAN" and ask him WTF?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I purchased this today, and I have to say, this is a really great pulp game... maybe I'm biased, as I love pulp stuff, I'm not even the biggest BoL fan, but these rules seem really slick and well designed for pulp action! I look forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete