Thursday, November 22, 2012

Guarding Kalas

I was going through a new purchase I made for my Castles and Crusades game: The Town of Kalas.
I'm very impressed so far. I was reading one of the suggested uses was to have the PC's join the town watch and find adventure as lawmen. This suggestion intrigued me because Kalas is a trading town with a diverse population of human and non human inhabitants. I started thinking of the Hawk and Fisher novels by Simon R. Green that I enjoyed immensely, I remember he had a "Special Wizards And Tactics" unit for major threats to the city, he also had a "Godsquad" That specifically worked on the Street of Gods, and kept the various temples and cults from killing each other right out on the street.

My boys already have established characters in the game, but I want them to start some back up characters in case these happen to bite it. also, it would help them explore other character classes.  I'm thinking this will be a fun way to advance their back up guys.



2 comments:

  1. I ran a campaign using this idea. Luckily my players had not read the hawk and fisher series so I got to steal some ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hawk and Fisher. I've got that one and several others from that series. Decent reading.

    ReplyDelete