Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Airfix memories

A few days ago I mentioned that my Grandfather would usually buy me a toy after Sunday mass over at the Payless drugstore. The toys I chose were usually either Mego action figures or Airfix HO soldiers. I knew nothing about war gaming or the miniature battles that these were created for, all I knew was that these figures kicked ass over the little green and tan soldiers everyone else had. There was no way I was going to settle for a plastic bag of 20 green soldiers and an out of scale tank when I could get Romans, Ghurkas, Hussars, paratroops, and commandos. And for a few dollars more ($8.00 back then I believe) you could get frontier forts, foreign legion outposts, and Sherwood Castle.
It really was a cool time to be a boy.





No comments:

Post a Comment