Tuesday, May 30, 2006

This never happened with my Aptiva...


We had a big meltdown over Memorial Day weekend my relatively new dell computer decided to give me blue screen hell. It took 5 years for me to suffer a major crash on my Aptiva and less than six months for it to happen on the Dell. And you sure in hell can tell the difference between the sales department and the tech support department. Sales is full of sunshine and promises while tech support can barely speak English (and their tech support is in the U.S., they wouldn’t give me a specific state “for security reasons” Feh.). so needless to say not only did I have to stay on hold for hour long stretches of time, but when I did get to the support, their answer was to wipe my drive clean and start all over. After all is said and done I guess all I can do is keep making backup discs every month. Not a happy Dell customer right now.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about that, Jeff. I used to work in Dell tech support here in Austin, and unfortunately your experience is not unique. "Wipe the drive" is a pretty standard "get this guy off the phone" approach when they don't really know what the hell is going on. It gives you something to do for a long enough period of time that, should there be a problem after the reinstall, the original tech's shift is long over and it's no longer their problem.

    Good luck, bro, and backups are always a good thing.

    ReplyDelete