Thursday, July 23, 2009

It really is a web


The internets is a crazy thing. This morning, "She who must be obeyed" was getting ready for work, while I was sitting here looking over the mornings Email. She asked me to look up a certain hair product she was interested in. Of course- I obeyed.

I didn't find what she was looking for, but in my Googling I ran across an article on hair-more precisely beards-even more precisely the history of beards and how they were used in ancient times.

Did you know that Alexander the Great banned beards in his army after he found out that the enemy were grabbing his men by their beards and pulling them off of their mounts? I immediately started thinking of game applications for this (or at the least a blog post). It really is a great article. Give it a read.

I didn't go to bed last night thinking I needed to research beards today, and yet here we are.

I think its funny how searching for one thing on the world wide web can lead you places you've never been (and a few you should never go to -note to self- clean the cache).

Thank God for Al Gore and his wonderful creation.

1 comment:

  1. pollaxe1:29 AM

    Interesting read! Templars were encouraged to grow beards as the Islamic cultures regarded them as a necessary masculine accoutrement.

    I'm reminded of this whenever I see modern day Coalition forces sporting face fungus in Afghanistan.

    ReplyDelete