Thursday, September 03, 2009

time off

Hey folks,
I just wanted to let everyone know that my presence on the net here may be curtailed for a while.
AS some of you know I was the victim in a very serious auto accident in October of 2007. Since then I have tried a variety of conservative treatments; Physical Therapy, Aqua therapy, Epidural injections and lots of scans and x-rays. None of these treatments has relieved the pain for more than a few days and since October of 2007 the pain has been constant.
This has all culminated in my physicians recommending two surgical procedures. First, an Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion L5-S1 followed by a Posterior fusion of L5-S1. I went in on Wednesday and had both procedures on the same day. I’ve been in the hospital until Saturday. I’m recovering at home now but needless to say the pain is downright hell. I’ll try and pop in from time to time but I need to concentrate on getting better.
Take care,
Jeff