Saturday, July 16, 2011

How soon we forget



The latest nerd drama to hit the internets is all about the Dwarves from the new Hobbit movie.  I'm staying out of most of it and will reserve my judgement until my Minions and I are watching it opening night. Our hands full of popcorn tubs, Nathans hotdogs and large Pepsi's (or Cokes).

I will not bitch and grumble. I remember oh too well the days when the very thought of movies about the books and characters I loved drew nothing but laughter from all the Hollywood studios.

Bring it on Pete Jackson, I forgive you for "The Lovely Bones".

2 comments:

  1. In my own little hole in the ground, I have heard nothing of such debates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frankly, the guy on the left is pretty much my exact mental image of "young dwarven adventurer."

    ReplyDelete