Thursday, June 07, 2007

Broadsword-Sword & Planet expansion


The last time I checked Broadsword was at #7 on the hot sellers list over at RPGNow, which has me more than a little jazzed. So jazzed in fact, that I’m working on a follow-up to it that would expand Broadsword to include Sword & Planet rules and a campaign world useable not only for Sword & Planet adventures but also for a “Lost World” pulp campaign using Dime Heroes or any other type of pulp system. I’m basing much of it on my Swords of Skartaris PBEM. Rather than use Mars or Venus as a backdrop I decided to make the world exist in an alternate dimension. By doing so it would free me up to use many of the aspects of the Skartaris game, yet still have it alien enough to reflect the feel of another planet. I’m going to give myself an August 1st deadline. Let’s see what happens…

And for our Spanish readers:
La vez última que comprobé Broadsword estaba en #7 en los vendedores calientes enumera encima en RPGNow, que me tiene más que un poco jazzed. Jazzed tan de hecho, eso que estoy trabajando en una carta recordativa a él que ampliaría Broadsword para incluir reglas de la espada y del planeta y un mundo de la campaña usable no sólo para las aventuras de la espada y del planeta pero también para una campaña de la pulpa del “mundo perdido” usando héroes de la moneda de “Dime Heroes” o cualquier otro tipo de sistema de la pulpa. Estoy basando mucho de él en mis espadas de Skartaris PBEM. Más bien que uso Marte o Venus como contexto que decidía hacer que el mundo existe en una dimensión alterna. Haciendo tan me liberaría hasta uso muchos de los aspectos del juego de Skartaris, con todo todavía lo tendría extranjero bastante para reflejar la sensación de otro planeta. Voy a darme un plazo del 1 de agosto. Veamos qué sucede…

8 comments:

  1. This is wicked awesome news! I'm so happy for you, man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:22 PM

    First, congratulations.

    Second, that is an awesome Barsoom pic you've posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Evil DM!

    Are you learning spanish or did you use any online translator for that? If it's the latter, it does a good job...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lo acabo de comprar. Este, quiero decir a "Broadsword", no al...supplemento cual...um...no has escrito.

    Pero ahora, a nadar con mi esposa! Si no te importa, luego lo leo.

    Leeo? Se me olvida.

    That said, lemme know when your sword-and-planet action arrives because I'm in line.

    If Jeff Rients likes it, you know I will, too, because I do everything he does. What size shoe you wear, Jeff R.?

    LOS BURROS SON EXPLOSIVOS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ola Erekibeon!
    I must confess I used the translator on word. I didnt even know such a tool existed until I pressed the wrong key. pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Doc,
    I just got a $100.00 check from Jeff R. He sends me one every week, he's cool like that. Just thought you should know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, but dude, he has a bank. I can send you some...uh...cable TV advertising fliers?

    ReplyDelete