Tuesday, October 02, 2007

And he lived to tell the tale...

So I was sitting in my car yesterday at the stoplight, waiting for it to turn so I could get on the freeway and start my morning commute. When all of a sudden, out of the corner of my eye, I see this big ass SUV careening out of the off ramp and headed straight for me and my trusty little Toyota Corolla. I had enough time to brace myself and yell “FUCK!” Suddenly, ½ ton of American SUV met 48 ounces of Japanese aluminum and fiberglass. The end result is pictured below.

The minions and “She who must be obeyed” were not in the car. Thank God.

I’m alive- which feels great!

The guy driving the car worked for a tire store. The SUV belonged to a customer who complained of “soft brakes”. Why he decided the best way to test for "soft brakes" was to take the SUV ON THE FREEWAY, ON THE FIRST RAINY MORNING OF FALL, WAS BEYOND MY FUCKING LOGIC! But I digress.

I’m alive.