Thursday, April 09, 2009

Warriors & Warlocks



I picked up a PDF Copy of Green Ronin's Warriors & Warlocks- the Sword & Sorcery expansion for the Mutants & Masterminds RPG.

I was really happy to find many of the same concepts and tropes that I explored in Legends of Steel are echoed in this expansion as well.
The way I look at it Green Ronin is a top flight outfit and Mutants & Masterminds is a great game, so if we both have much of the same ideas about whats important in a Sword & Sorcery game then I'm in good company.

In fact I think Erisa (The campaign world offered in Legends of Steel) would work wonderfully as a campaign world for a Warriors and Warlock game.

Of course There is no way in the Nine Hells that I can compete with Green Ronin's production values (their art budget is something I could only dream of). Warriors & Warlocks has some sweet art!

Still, I had a couple of head shaking moments, like where they give racial templates for Dwarves, Halflings, and Elfs! I have no idea why they did that, but its definitely one area where our S&S philosophies don't quite meet eye to eye.

But overall I really enjoyed it and heartily recommend it (after you buy a copy of Legends of Steel, of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment