Saturday, November 11, 2006

Taking it to the streets



I’m a big fan of street level superheroes. Guys like Union Jack, Dr. Midnight, Iron Fist, Wildcat, etc. So I’ve been really pleased with the titles that have been coming out lately.
JSA Classified, Moon Knight, The Black Panther, Union Jack, and the re-launch of Heroes for Hire. In the last few issues of Black Panther, prior to his wedding with Storm, T’Challa was hanging out with Blade, Luke Cage and The Falcon- we had the makings of a cool ethnic team there for a bit, I would love to see that premise taken further. Coming up is a re-launch of Iron Fist and a special Dr. Midnight limited series in JSA Classified. All this street level coolness almost makes up for the travesty that was the Warlord series earlier this year…almost.


2 comments:

  1. Hey Jeff,

    We dig the same comics!

    The Black Panther is currently a great book right now.

    I am very keen to see the new Iron Fist comic, it looks they they are turning the Iron Fist into a "legacy" character ala Lee Falk's "The Phantom"..(Many different generations of Iron Fists) I am not sure how I feel about that..but I will give it a chance..

    I dunno if you have ever checked out my blog but I have converted Iron Fist from the old Marvel FASERIP TSR RPG into SW...

    Check it out..

    http://supers.250m.com/nedrmidnite.htm

    I am in the middle of writing up a lot of the Golden Age of Marvel..Then I am gonna switch over to the DC golden age, I stated out the JSA a few years ago but I want to refine them now..

    http://supers.250m.com/nedcwriteups.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to post the Iron Fist link...

    http://swpccc.blogspot.com/2006/08/marvel-knights-iron-fist_27.html

    ReplyDelete