Thursday, December 28, 2006

FASERIP Pulp


For the last couple of months I’ve been working on a little labor of love. I’m trying to take one of my favorite systems –The FASERIP system from TSR’s Marvel Superhero game and apply it to one of my favorite gaming genres- 1930’s Pulp adventure. The result is what I call FASERIP Pulp. It’s not a rewrite of the rules, it’s more like a sourcebook with tips and suggestions for taking the FASERIP system into uncharted areas. Please give it a look over and let me know what you think. Any constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated. Here is the link to the PDF draft.

8 comments:

  1. I'm a big FASERIP fan.

    Unfortunately, I am having trouble viewing the draft - and I'm not sure whose end that trouble is on. Hopefully, I'll get a peek at it eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just checked the link and it seems to be working ok. maybe try again later. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:10 AM

    That's a slick illustration. Where'd ya find that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right here:
    http://www.komarckart.com/index.html

    It's from a Shadowfist card game expansion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had the same problem as szilard. So instead of clicking the link, I right clicked on it and choose the 'Save Target as' option (this in Explorer v6). This saved the PDF in a format I could read

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the info Sean, I'll pass it along. not getting much feedback on this maybe thats why-or could it be that FASERIP is so old that no one really cares?...Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey man, FASERIP was a real solid game engine for a Superhero style rpg. All you really needed was The Universal table and you were off to the races.

    Using this game engine for a Pulp style game is a great idea.. If you want a fun, fast and not very sloggy tactics/crunchy gaming experience then FASERIP is the way to go.

    I also apologise for not giving your pdf a proper review when you sent it to me earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am thinking that this may be a bit dead for you as your link is no longer working, but I was wondering if you still had the Pulp FASERIP pdf around? I love the Marvel system and have been writing and working in pulp style for several years. I am glad I dug around a bit as you have a very interesting blog. :)

    ReplyDelete