Saturday, May 09, 2009

Star Trek- Go see it.




Wow. What a great movie. I'm not a Trekkie, but I loved Star Trek when I was a kid. Every day after school I watched the ultimate entertainment trifecta for a Preteen boy The Three Stooges- Looney Tunes- Star Trek (Original Series-Thank you). I didnt care too much for the movies and I never watched any of the new star trek shows, so I wasnt up in arms when I heard that the franchise was getting an overhaul, and frankly from the movies I did see (except for Wrath of Khan) it needed one.

This group of kids did a Bang up job and breathed new life into the series (Karl Urban is spot on as "Bones").
I loved it, the Minons loved it, even "She who must be Obeyed" loved it and all she knew about Star Trek is that it was a space show her mom watched.

1 comment:

  1. Am I the only person who didn't like the flick? I don't expect an amazing story in a ST movie, but that movie had only 2 scenes that didn't suck, and one of them was the end credits.
    The story of that movie feels like it's the MAD magazine version of the actual movie story.
    The fx were great, the actors did their job well .. but OMG the story was so incredibly stupid and plot hole filled that most 3rd season TOS episodes would win in a story comparison.

    ReplyDelete