Saturday, May 09, 2009

Star Trek- Go see it.




Wow. What a great movie. I'm not a Trekkie, but I loved Star Trek when I was a kid. Every day after school I watched the ultimate entertainment trifecta for a Preteen boy The Three Stooges- Looney Tunes- Star Trek (Original Series-Thank you). I didnt care too much for the movies and I never watched any of the new star trek shows, so I wasnt up in arms when I heard that the franchise was getting an overhaul, and frankly from the movies I did see (except for Wrath of Khan) it needed one.

This group of kids did a Bang up job and breathed new life into the series (Karl Urban is spot on as "Bones").
I loved it, the Minons loved it, even "She who must be Obeyed" loved it and all she knew about Star Trek is that it was a space show her mom watched.