Friday, March 19, 2010

A great new game with a "Silver Age" vibe





"Supers! is a game all about playing costumed heroes - the kinds of hero you see in good old-fashioned comic books. These heroes are larger-than-life; they have high ideals and they know right from wrong. Their world is black-and-white; they are good and the villains are bad. There are no real grey areas. Their cause is justice, liberty and freedom. They seek to protect the weak and defend the common man. Most are loved by all; some are misunderstood and don't get the adoration they feel they deserve. But regardless, they strive to do the right thing and aim to make a difference. The basics of the rules are very straightforward - roll a few dice and try to beat a number. As long as you remember that, you can't go too far wrong. Enjoy!"


You can find Supers! at RPGNow.


I've been a witness to Simons work on this. He is proud of it and rightly so.  It has his "keep it simple" style. He continues to refuse all attempts to convolute his games.


At $8.00 for the PDF it's a quick impulse buy and from the look at the reviews the Impulse pays off.

1 comment:

  1. While on rpgnet I happened to glance upon a thread promoting this game and I decided to buy the .pdf, I haven't had a chance to run anything with the system yet but I am very impressed with what I have read so far..Some nice art and a very solid game engine..

    As a fan of superhero rpg's I gotta say that I am in heaven right now. There are a lot of great systems being released right now..BASH (Which I am enjoying quite a bit), the heavily anticipated "ICON" and off in the distance the comic/nerd tsunami that is the new Green Ronin/DCU rpg...

    ReplyDelete