Thursday, July 15, 2010

It's Pulptastic here at the Lair lately

We have been in full on Pulp mode here at the Lair. I've been working on Dicey Tales, and  reading A. Merritt's  Seven Footprints to Satan




The Minions have been watching the Tailspin DVD collection (Costco has it for $8.99) , and we are all awaiting our Amazon order of the Tales of the Gold Monkey DVD set.  


I also ordered a cool looking book called The Rook.  It isn't The Rook from the old Warren magazines, but it looks interesting just the same. 
Ron Fortier recommended it, so thats good enough for me.

4 comments:

  1. I was tempted to try to play a minis game with a Talespin/Porco Rosa feel to it. Fictional nation set into the real world someplace that was thremed around sea planes and shipping.

    -Eli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tales of the Gold Monkey on DVD!?!

    Woo-hoo! Great news, I can't wait for some Princess Koji pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barry Reese is also a great guy and a avid rpg'er..in fact he used to host a website for WEGDCURPG write-ups from back in the day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing how we have a couple weeks left on our 1-month trial thingie at Costco, looks like I'll be scanning the bins there for TaleSpin. Sa-weet!

    BTW, so glad to see your return to the blogging. However, your influence has never really left. I can't count the number of movies and books that I've watched and read during your blog-downtime. Thanks for such great advice all throughout your past (and now present) blog posts. At least it gave me time to catch up on a lot of your past material here that I may have missed. Great, great stuff!

    ReplyDelete