Saturday, July 24, 2010

Tales of the Gold Monkey DVD set- FINALLY!!


After many years of waiting, the DVD gods have finally released Tales of the Gold Monkey on DVD here in the US!
I can finally retire my old home made pirated DVD copies I got off of Napster years ago.  
They served me well but the DVD set is a thousand times better.  
Although, all is not Champagne and Starlets with this DVD set. There are no Subtitles or  a Closed Caption option.  I don't really NEED them, but they are nice to have,  especially when you're trying to watch the show with a house full of screaming Minions running around. 
My other minor gripe is that the sound quality is not the finest. I guess I shouldn't complain too much seeing as I've spent the last two decades waiting for this to come out.

All in all I'm a happy Geek. Now if we could just get Thundarr the Barbarian and The High Chaparral on DVD I'd truly be at peace.  

7 comments:

  1. I loved that show as a kid and have been waiting for it-Thundarr too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I want Thundarr also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember liking this quite a lot. Definitely worth looking into.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Max Headroom is also about to be released, making for some good cyberpunk adventure ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. quatzl7:02 AM

    What?! You all do not have Thundarr on DVD? Poor bastards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What?! You all do not have Thundarr on DVD? Poor bastards. :)

    Oh, we have it on dvd and on our hard drives. what we don't have are nice sharp DVD boxed sets with all the goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I snagged this set a few weeks back, and (ashamedly) haven't had time to watch a single second of it yet! Oh the humanity!!!! Maybe tomorrow, I'll set my alarm clock a little earlier. Sound like a plan?

    And yeah, Thundarrrrrrrrrrrr! I have a... a-hem... *copy*... but yeah, would love a real nice box-set, with extra goodies, too! Haven't they *officially* released a few eps on those Saturday Morning Cartoons DVD sets? That usually means it's getting close to a full-blown release, rights-wise and such, right?

    ReplyDelete