Friday, May 11, 2007

Damn near the prettiest gamebook I ever saw!



After months of waiting, I finally have a hard copy of Hollow Earth Expeditions. Words simply cannot describe how mesmerizing this book is, you actually need to hold a copy in your hands.

It is so freaking beautiful, you'll want to just sit down and start reading right there in the store. If one look at the cover of this book doesn't make you whisper "Wow", then I feel sorry for you my friend, cause your gaming soul has died. I have had the PDF of this game, and I am a big proponent of the usefulness of PDF's, but no PDF in the world will prepare you for how cool this game looks in your hands. I gotta go now, I have some reading to do.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:46 AM

    That is indeed a spectacular cover. Reminds me of my last trip to Louisiana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I actually paid full price for that baby on Amazon the cover is so spectacular, which is unprecedented. I can't wait to actually play a game of it at GenCon. I'm signed up for the "Lost World" event.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easy to run, too. Good stuff, great fan support, beautiful product. Makes me proud to be a big damn gamer nerd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As one of the (many) authors of the book (I penned the gamemastering chapter), I compliment you on your good taste. :)

    ReplyDelete