Saturday, November 17, 2007

Theo Spark



Theo Spark-"An Englishman's view" is a blog I ran across a few months ago. It's a highly-charged and opinionated political blog, with some funny features, hard-core satire
and some really hot Babes (I snag stuff from there all the time).
The reason I'm mentioning Theo Spark is because recently Google slapped an objectionable content label on his blog. For what reason I don't know. The last time I looked, Google was all about freedom of speech and open communication. The politics on Theo Spark are a certainly to the right of Google's but none of it is grotesquely offensive. The gals show a little more than they do here, but in no way is it as graphic as I've seen on other Google sponsored blogs. So my only answer is that someone over at Google doesn't care for Theo Spark's politics. And they are using their position at Google to harass the blog. That's not right. That's not American. And last time I checked Google was still an American company.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:49 AM

    The objectionable content warning is certainly justified by the full frontal nudity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That may be, but Google sponsors many blogs featuring full frontal nudity that do not have the objectional content warning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting...

    Here's what the warning says:

    Some readers of this blog have contacted Google because they believe this blog's content is objectionable.

    Looks like Mr. Spark has fallen afoul of the mob rule that tends to run rampant on the internet. I, myself, am not much of a fan of actual, organized policing, but I'd really rather Google didn't bother at all. If they're not going to bother doing the policing, it's just silly for them to throw up a content warning because they get some complaints. And just how many complaints are needed to earn you a content warning? A dozen? Just one?

    ReplyDelete