Tuesday, August 07, 2007

LoS update


Legends of Steel just went through a second screening process with some of the fine folks over at Midnights Lair. Once again I had thought I was nearing completion only to be shown that there were still significant issues to address. I’m currently in the process of addressing them. There were some changes suggested that I think will really streamline clunky areas and add to the enjoyment of the game. There was also a lot of discussion on clarifying certain areas to make the mechanics flow better. As with the last group to look over LoS, there have been calls for more examples-which I’m working on as well.
Overall the opinion is positive, with a few of my innovations even earning little praise. The game was good, after this go around I think it’s going to be even better. After this revision I will send out copies to both LoS review teams for one final overview and then I‘ll proceed to the play testing portion.
It’s really interesting to me how long this is all taking. I officially started this project in 2005 and here we are halfway through 2007 and it’s still being worked on. Of course there are reasons for this, primarily the fact that I’m a one man show. Also toss in the fact that this is a part time endeavor. I also took some time off from it to do Broadsword, which I have come to think of as Legends of Steel (light).
“Legends of Steel” is important to me. I want it to be the best I can make it and I guess that takes time, so I suppose in a way, we are right about where we should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment