Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The World of Broadsword

As I mentioned the other day, one of the projects I'm working on is an expansion of Broadsword.
The expansion will include:
* Additional advantages & skills
* A Sword & Sorcery campaign setting
* Rules and suggestions for running Sword & Planet Adventures
* A Sword & Planet campaign setting
* Several Sword & Sorcery Scenarios and several Sword & Planet Scenarios

Being a "visual" type person I needed some sort of map to make my way around the proposed "Broadsword World". I thought some of you might like to have a look at it. Like just about everything I do, this is a rough draft subject to change. Those of you who have bought Broadsword might recognize a few of the places on the map as corresponding to the scenarios in the game. And if you haven't bought a copy of Broadsword yet, what the hell are you waiting for?


7 comments:

  1. Man, that map is pure old-school goodness. Gets the imagination going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Zach. I was really trying to go for the old-school S&S look. I looked over a dozen or so maps from books and comics. by the way Zach, do you have your copy of Broadsword?? :^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:36 AM

    Cool map. What's the significance of some cities being red instead of black?

    I'm working on a campaign world map of my own currently, and this is great to get the juices flowing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Wulfgar,
    The red cities are capitals of their respective kingdoms. black cities are either major cities or city-states like Troy or Carthage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:28 PM

    What software did you use to make the map?

    Love the blog, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used the hexmapper program.
    there is a yahoogroup called Hexmapper_haven it has the latest version of the program.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Any campaign world with the word 'death' in the name of two major geographic features and 'skulls' in a third is A-OKAY in my book!

    ReplyDelete