Saturday, June 14, 2008

Seven for Saturday

One of the coolest things about this whole writing gig for me is the research part. Long before I started this venture I was a used bookstore crawler. I'm seldom happier than when I'm climbing through stacks of dusty books looking for a long forgotten treasure. Today we went and hit up one of Sacramento's larger used bookstores. I never leave that place disappointed,and such was the case today.

Amongst the gems I found this afternoon were TWO Harold Lamb Paperbacks.

Score!







1 comment:

  1. The cover design and artwork for those Tarzan paperbacks must be by the same people who did the covers/art for the Richard Blade series, of which I've got about two dozen or so. Fun times. Those two Lamb books look awesome - I might have to scare myself up a copy if I can. Living in Boston, there's a good number of used bookstores to be found, and when I travel one of the things I always keep an eye out for (especially in small rural towns) is the lonely antiques & used books shops where many a long-unread gem has been waiting for me. Those places are always chaotic and messy, but that's half the fun, and makes finding something worth buying that much more satisfying. I could just dig through eBay and AbeBooks for what I want, but it doesn't compare to finding it on your own with a little investigation and elbow grease.

    ReplyDelete