Friday, June 26, 2009

Multiplicity



If you like a game, and I mean really like a game, do you buy multiple copies of it?

If your at a Games store or at a Goodwill and you see a copy of an RPG you like but already have, will you pick it up if you see it for like 3-4 bucks?

I noticed the other day that I have several copies of Top Secret/SI and several copies of the Basic D&D Rules compendium. And I'm sure that if I'm walking through a Goodwill and I happen to spot another Top Secret/SI boxed set I'll buy that as well.

I mention Top Secret/SI because I really enjoy the game, and since I have multiple copies of it, running it is easy on both myself and my players. It's a much easier sell to them if I let everyone know that I have extra copies of everything so no one has to spend any money.

5 comments:

  1. I'd be willing to arrange a trade. I'd love to have the Basic D&D game (to play with my children) and I'd be willing to trade some of my old stuff like Car Wars, Gurps, BESM and even Mekton.

    Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TS/SI = Best RPG EVER (in my opinion)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've bought multiple copies of games (at the right price), so that I can pass the books around my players.

    Of course the modern equivilent of this is getting a hardcopy and PDF so I can print off relevent sheets for the players.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are 3 copies of Savage Worlds: Explorer's Edition (which I own two of) in my household, so that people don't keep ganking my copy when we play.

    My old RPG stuff was all given to me by my older brother and some of my old high school buddies that I still see from time to time, so I don't have any duplicates of that. Though I do have all the Star Frontiers books collected in .pdf format.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got two RCs and one copy of Top Secret/SI. TS/SI has what I consider to be one of the best RPG covers ever designed, if not THE best. When I saw that cover, I was absolutely hooked, and I remember actually seeing it first in a comic book ad, not even in person. Pure 100% awesome.

    ReplyDelete