Thursday, June 18, 2009

Operation:RPG Rescue


A few months ago I ran across a complete boxed set of the World of Greyhawk at a Goodwill store. I quickly snatched it up. I didnt need it, but I kinda felt bad about seeing it languishing there amongst the jigsaw puzzles. Nobody at the store even knew what it was, they thought it was a fricken jigsaw puzzle. I opened it up and saw it was complete and in pristine condition, somebody loved and cared for this game. There were even some notes scrawled in pencil, the seeds of a campaign no doubt. I wonder what happened to the guy who owned it?
Personally if you ever find any games I own at a Goodwill it's because I'm dead.

The happy ending is that it found a home with a good friend who had mentioned in passing he no longer had a copy of his own.

2 comments:

  1. Man, you just won the lottery! I had recently paid almost 70$ for that boxset on Ebay, and I didn't even get a box. LUCKY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why does your Goodwill have all the cool stuff and mine has nothing but creepy porcelain statues, broken toys, furniture that smells of urine, and 8-track tapes of Gordon Lightfoot?

    Actually, I did find a copy of Age of Conan at a Goodwill in nearby town. If I had a computer that could run it, I would have picked it up in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete