Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Netbooks for the Lair



Thanks to Evil DM Productions I was able to pick up a pair of ASUS Eee PC 1000HE 10-Inch Netbooks for myself and my senior minion who is starting college. we both wanted something lightweight and very portable (The 1000HE fits into my "nerdbag" with plenty of room for my other stuff). This was the first Netbook/laptop for both of us so it was important that it be hassle free, which the 1000HE was. I was up and running straight out of the box. I dumped the pre-packaged bloatware that came with it and uploaded MSOffice and a couple of other applications. I use Skype a lot and my son is on all the social networking sites, the 1000HE handles them great. It runs XP which I like, and the battery lasts around 7 hours so far. I'm not really that computer savvy but I can get around, I did my homework and this was the choice for me and it was a good one. In my opinion I'm getting plenty of bang for the buck, with a system that meets all of our needs.

2 comments:

  1. Very cool. I'm reading your article using my eeePC 900A, however, I'm using a version of linux. My eee is my tool to all my gaming .pdfs. I also use it for large amounts of dice via PPP's dicebag (with the DM's blessing, of course)

    http://www.penpaperpixel.org/tools/d20dicebag.htm

    I love it. Wave your geekflag high.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent. I also use it to read Comics and magazines I have stored on thumb drives. I have tons of CBR comics and mags.

    ReplyDelete