Friday, June 12, 2009

Dealing with encumberance


I don't often do personal posts since that really isnt what this blog is about. But, I have to throw this out for all you guys who might benefit from the info. I joined Weight Watchers in April. It wasn't an easy decision for me mostly because of my own ego and dumb sense of pride, but my weight became a medical issue that only worsened after I was in the accident. I'm not a spokesperson for Weight Watchers but since joining in April I've lost 23 pounds, which for me is pretty damn good. And I did it by not torturing myself with any stupid diets. They have this point system that helps you control the portions of what you already eat,rather than force you too eat crap like celery and kale.

Ok, so bottom line, guys if you need to drop some weight and do it with as little discomfort as possible, check out weight watchers, swallow your pride and damn any feelings of embarrassment. If you give it a chance it will work.

4 comments:

  1. Good for you!

    I recommend this http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

    4 years ago I couldn't .5 miles without losing my breadth. Did my first 10k last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:42 AM

    Congrats on losing the weight and good luck for the next 23 lbs. too!

    A friend of mine did weight watchers to shed some pounds for his wedding and he worked so well for him he kept it (in a modified form) since. So even after you hit your target weight the stuff they teach you is valuable for the rest of your life. Again, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you. I started measuring my food in January. I've sort of kept the habits, and I've went from 245 to 215, without much trouble.

    I know what you mean about the pride thing. Getting out that scale made me feel awful, but now I'm glad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Jeff! I also joined WW back in ... I dunno, February? Going on 24 weeks, anyway, and down 40+ pounds. I agree, it hasn't been too torturous and I haven't had any awful cravings so far.

    Keep it up brother Jeff!

    ReplyDelete