Friday, January 15, 2010

The Lovely Bones - Even my wife said "meh" when it was over


What can I say? 
It sucked. 
That about covers it. 
A long movie with a flat ending and no payoff to be found anywhere. A good 75% of the movie reminded me of a Clariten commercial -mountains and clouds turning into butterflies and sunny fields with trees that have leaves that become birds- tons of crap like that. There are a couple of truly creepy parts and a nice suspensful segment, but a whole lot of nothing and an unsatisfying ending ruin any redeeming moments. 
"She who must be obeyed"and I had a rare movie date and unfortunately we pissed it away on this very forgettable bit of celluloid .

3 comments:

  1. I know how precious those movie nights are. The last one the queen and I had was...was...crap! I can't remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife said the same after seeing it with a friend. Sadly, Mr Jackson may be slipping back to form after the 'Lord of the Rings'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does have a cool sounding name... but the premise makes me roll my eyes. I think I'll make something useful out of it and try to come up with an adventure that fits what "The Lovely Bones" could be!

    ReplyDelete