Saturday, January 09, 2010

The Warriors Three are coming to a theater near you!

I'm all fanboy about the Thor movie that is being cast right now. 
Growing up I was never much of a Thor fan.  My Grandfather was (My tastes back then ran to the Avengers and the Defenders-his favorites were Thor, Conan, and any DC War or Horror titles). Because of Granpo there were always Thor comics laying around their house, and every once in a while I'd pick them up. In reading them I came across The Warriors Three -Stalwart heroes of Asgard and boon companions of the Son of Odin!



Fandral the Dashing- the secret love-child of Douglas Fairbanks Jr. and Errol Flynn.
Hogun the Grim- the stoic Genghis Khan looking guy with the cool hat and wicked mace.
And Volstagg the Voluminous (is that even a word?)-The bravest,craftiest and most handsome of the trio (just ask him, he'll tell you).







I loved these guys.  I really hope Thor sees the success that Ironman has.
Well, with Kenneth Branagh in the director's chair, my hopes run high.  

1 comment:

  1. I'm just disappointed that Brian Blessed isn't playing Volstagg. if ever there was perfect casting, that would be it.

    ReplyDelete