Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Google me Baby!


Ever since my Yahoogroups debacle I have tried to distance myself from Yahoo as much as possible. Unfortunately I am rather active in several Yahoogroups so I still use that forum quite often. One area that I was able to change was my homepage. I really liked my Yahoo homepage I got it set up just the way I wanted it with news, movie times, email-inbox, weather etc. But since I was no longer using their email service I decided to move on. I tried MSN but I just couldn’t get used to it.
The other day I gave Google a try, I checked their homepage out about a year ago and I cant say I was very impressed it. It was too plain, not fun and jazzy like Yahoo’s. But Google has been making major upgrades to their services on all fronts, and the new Google home page really looks ten times better than it ever had. Lots more choices for content: news, Google search, business, tech etc. movie times, g-mail inbox, weather, bookmarks, and a real cool RSS feed feature that allows me to put a lot of the news sites that I as a gamer geek-boy check everyday (sci-fi news, comic book news, gaming report) and most importantly my own web log, all on one page updated daily! Now don’t start emailing me about how evil or lousy Google is. There will always be bashers that don’t like Microsoft, Wal-Mart, Yahoo, and that’s your prerogative. It works for me and that’s all I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment