Saturday, October 15, 2005

Where is my box of Star Frontiers Minifigs??



I was surfing last night and I ran across this group set up for fans of the old TSR game company. TSR was the original company that published the Dungeons and Dragons (D&D) games. They were bought out by Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of the HASBRO Toy Company (Home of GI Joe). TSR released many great games besides D&D. TSR released science fiction games like Gamma World and Star Frontiers, military and espionage games like Dawn Patrol and Top Secret, They also created several licensed games such as The Marvel Super Heroes Roleplaying game, The Buck Rogers game, and the Rocky and Bullwinkle game. Many of these games are considered classics in the industry and were created by folks who are regarded as the experts in the RPG field. Looking over the posts there is potential for a very active forum. If you’re a gamer over 30, chances are you cut your role-playing teeth on one of TSR’s games in either high school, college or the military, so come over to the list and re-live some memories, who knows you might just get the urge to dust off the old Boot Hill game in the garage and resurrect that “Silverado” campaign.

2 comments:

  1. Somewhere I've got both the D&D boxed sets (basic & expert), the Star Frontiers box, which I didn't really care for, Boot Hill and Gangbusters. I'd always wanted to get Agent 13 (not sure if that's a TSR game or not. When my nephews were 12ish, I taught 'em D&D via the expert set and it was a blast reliving those halcion days of junior high all over again.

    I really enjoyed the AD&D second edition rules and my buddies and I play a bastardised version of it to this day. To hell with the d20 system crap. That's just not D&D. Curse those evil Wizards of the Coast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I forgot to mention your action figures are awesome!

    ReplyDelete