Thursday, October 06, 2005

Legends of Steel




Legends of Steel is moving along. I found that I need to clarify the mechanics and give more examples of how they are used. I usually feel that the rules are clear and need no further explanation. But what I have been trying to do is bring myself back to the perspective of someone unfamiliar with the rules or even with role-playing. When I first envisioned LoS it was a game for folks who already had a grasp of role-playing and it’s various concepts. But as I review the game I realize that I need to explain things in layman’s terms so that everyone at the game is clear on what the rules are and why, So most of the work on the game in the last couple of weeks has been in adding clarifications and examples of concepts like skill resolution, combat and other areas. It’s also becoming more apparent to me that LoS has the potential to be a multi genre system. With a bit of tweaking the game could lend itself to any “cinematic” type of play from Pulp to Space opera. More on that later…

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:22 PM

    Hey Jeff, I still owe you illustrations too, don't forget!

    I'd love to help playtest the game for you too, if you need people coming to it completely fresh.

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear from you buddy! and no, I havent forgotten (I'm counting on it! heh, heh). I would love to have you as one of my playtesters. keep in touch dude!

    ReplyDelete