Monday, November 09, 2009

Manly Music Monday





Gettysburg
One of my all time favorites. I have the special collectors edition of Gettysburg on VHS which shows several deleted scenes. Because of this edition I'll always have a VHS player.



A Bridge too far
Such a tragic story, with such a beautiful score. You can just feel the optimism as the song begins.


The Great Escape
This has got to be one of the Manliest Movies ever made. If you're a guy and you don't like this movie you need to turn em in on your way out.




The Magnificent Seven
I know it's a remake. Hats off to Kurosawa.
But these guys defined the term Machismo. And this song just makes you want to jump on a horse and start riding.




Kelly's Heroes
Another great ensemble cast. One of my favorites.
This is the song I want played at the Evil DM funeral.


Man, now I gotta go watch me some movies!

4 comments:

  1. Fucking awesome. This post turned my rat-bastard of on it's head. Thanks killer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelley's Heroes is my favorite non-western Eastwood flick. I watch it every Thanksgiving and I drive my wife crazy with "Very good, Barbara, you get a cookie," as her name is Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:44 PM

    That Gettysburg music gets me every time. There's a certain quality to it that doesn't center it on any one particular place or time, and that's what makes it great. It could be suitable for anything from the American Revolution to today in terms of war movies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:59 PM

    Broadsword calling Danny Boy...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dMkreSUyLI

    ReplyDelete