Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Legends of Steel – it’s not Conan, but it ain’t so bad

bashlospic

The various editions of Legends of Steel have seen a spike in sales recently. It has come as nice surprise. The best reason I can figure for the spike is the recent news about Mongoose games and Conan Properties not being able to come to an agreement in regards to releasing a Runequest or Savage worlds version of their Conan game.

It seems that on a couple of boards talk of a Savage Worlds Conan Edition morphs into a Sword & Sorcery for Savage Worlds discussion, with someone eventually bringing up Legends of Steel.

I make no claim of Legends of Steel being anywhere near the league of massive efforts like Mongoose's Conan line, but it’s nice to be mentioned as at least being a viable alternative for folks who want some Sword & Sorcery flavor in their Savage Worlds gaming.

And by the way, after several weeks on Amazon, Legends of Steel Savage Worlds Edition finally has a review- and it’s a good one too!

check it out!

3 comments:

  1. Okay, you win! I bought Legends of Steel for SW today! I do wish the BoL version was available in hardcopy, but if the SW version is really good, I'll probably give in to the BoL PDF as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I have said before, Jeff, Legends of Steel is the definitive Sword & Sorcery game for Savage Worlds and I think you deserve to be ranked up there with the Conan RPG. Hell, I prefer LoS over Mongoose's Conan.

    BTW, I read that Amazon review, and it's nice to see a new generation getting into RPGs. Hook 'em while they're young.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:38 AM

    This might be just the thing to get me back into Savage Worlds.

    ReplyDelete