Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Paperback search

As you guys know I'm a bit of a pulp-fiction paperback fanatic. I'm having a helluva time closing up a couple of gaps in my collection.

Here are a couple of titles causing me grief.

I have the first three of the Falcon series but #4 is eluding me.





I'm also looking for any of the Wolfs head series. I have a battered and torn copy of #3 but If I should run across a better one I'll take it.



I've checked all the regular places E-bay, Amazon, several used book finding engines. But either its a no-go or they are too damned expensive. I collect to read not to put them in little plastic bags, so spending $25.00 for a used book is not gonna happen.

So if any of you guys have a an extra copy of any of these that you would be willing to let go for a decent price (like under $10.00) let me know.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:45 AM

    You might try looking at the local library. I've found books (& DVDs) at the library that I couldn't find elsewhere. You might not be able to buy them, but you can at least read them. In fact, sometimes they even do sell them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn I loved those Falcon books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll keep my eyes out. I do have a copy of that Falcon but not a spare copy I'm afraid. I've got a lot of Bulmer but none in the Wolfs Head series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:22 PM

    Hi ther Mr. DM, Or Can I call you Evil?

    Check out Biblio.com. I did a quick search and and found 9 books starting at $6.00

    Rover

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:17 PM

    Try abebooks.com

    Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:18 PM

    I checked its seems to have lots of the wolf series and Falcon 1-4 for $35

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man, I loved the Falcon books, too, back in the time. I wonder why they didn't continue longer.

    I had #4 at one time, but I'm pretty sure a friend of mine ended up with it. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete